Friday, March 22, 2013

No Time Wasting!

MARCH 15 - I got a call from Perks Auto.  The car is ready!!!  I am stoked!  I went a picked it up!  The front right rail droops no more and the seams - especially the right fender really fit well now.




Look at that nice straight seam!  Makes me feel like it was the best $400 I have ever spent on a car.  Perks was so great to work with, I can't thank them enough!  (Don't you love the antenna hole in fender - someone must have really wanted that antenna pretty bad!)


With the help of one of the Perks guys, we managed the independent steering and loaded it onto the tow dolly and off we went.  About a half hour later, we arrived and unloaded the car and moved it to it's home for the next month or so.


We unloaded a boat load of parts and misc brackets for fitting and painting.  Brad and Jessie of C3 Restorations are ready to get started!

March 19, 2013

OK, so I got a call from Brad at C3 Restorations - I forgot to bring up the hood hinges, so I need to run them out to him and needed to bring these up as well as a few items to have re-chromed - Rear bumper and Wing Windows.  They have wasted no time!  The ugly antenna hole is GONE!  



And they have began to prep all the factory seams for filling.


 March 20, 2013

I can't let Brad and Jessie have all the fun, so I have been sorting parts and beginning to prep parts for resurfacing or painting.  Today, I am working on the overhead console that I will be installing in this car.  Although it did not come with one originally, I like the look and feel it adds a great custom look to the interior.  I have only tried to buy original, unpainted parts, so that I don't have to worry about any paint flaking issues due to poor prep.  The console has several storage dents in the vinyl and foam. 

"Before"
I had already started to massage the dent out of this one before I took photos.  It improved a lot by the time of this photo, but is now hardly noticeable. 



The back side of this original 68 console is pretty clean.  All of the vinyl edges are in great shape too, we just need to revive the foam and vinyl a little bit... ...so, I just pulled out my heat gun and warmed the vinyl and foam and work and massage the shape back into the console.






My next step was to remove the buttons, aluminum insert and lights.  I plan on putting some POR15 on the back of the panel and then painting argent to seal the metal and prevent any more rusting.  Maybe I will get to that this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment